Monday, March 9, 2009

I AM SO MAD

I am so angry right now. I am watching the news and their was a story that so pissed me off and made me to angry. The show Big Love has decide that they will show sacred ordinances of the LDS church. They have been consulted by an Ex-Mormon. They have no respect for anything. We are not a people that flash our religion in the media. Yes there are few that follow in the Osmond way of wanting to be relevant once again but we do have things that are sacred. Its also not fare that we are not allowed to explain ourselves. Thoes that have been through the temple understand that without the proper explination that certain things could be unusual to others and totally taken out of context.Also they are being consulted by someone who was once a member and oviously left. I doubt that they are going to be kind and considerate. They do not care or have any attachment to the things that i hold so dare to my heart. The really infurating thing is that there is nothing thatcan be done but try to appel to the HBO company themselves to not run it. They are not doing anything against the law they are just being very disresepctful.So everyone please write or do something to please let them see how special the ordances are to us and to please not show them.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-publicity-dilemma

Read what the church said about the whole thing. I wouldn't lose too much sleep about it.

Lisa said...

I actually posted about the same thing and urged others to do the same. I was absolutely disgusted with the lack of respect and honor--among other issues. I then read the new official church stance on the matter (when it came out) and deleted my post and left the FB group. I did get a lot of peace from what the church's response is. I must admit I will never subscribe to HBO ever again.

Carianne said...

Amen to all of it.. I even called Brigette and discussed this issue, however... after receiving the request to join the facebook group I did decline and realize that by promoting groups such as that I am giving in to what they want. By publicly protesting I am also publicly advertising.. soo irritating though!