Sunday, February 15, 2009

no IRS

So my hubby heard the other day that there was talk of getting rid of income taxes. Ok, so now before you get to excited about that let me explain. They would replace income taxes with higher sales taxes. You would be taxes depending on how much you spend. Which I don't know how it would affect Jason and I maybe better maybe worse. One thing that was pointed out though was that it would be pretty much impossible to cheat taxes unless you are stealing the stuff. Now I don't know the details about how everything would be. How much things would go up and all of that stuff. One thing that really catches my ear though is the illigal immigrants that are not paying taxes but still reaping the benifits of living here would have to pay taxes too. I'm not going to get all controversal about immigration because I didn't do anything super awesome to be here excpet be born in the right family, but I will take the stance that it is not right to live int this country and reap the benifits and rights of living here and not pay your dues. I have to pay taxes so why shouldn't they. What so you guys think?( the whole 3 of you that read this)

3 comments:

Ty said...

I didn't think about the illegal immigration issue there.. but I agree might present a fair alternative. Hmmm I dunno about all of this, where was this heard about?

Lisa said...

Those illegal immigrants live SUPER frugally here and live 15 people to a tiny 1 bd apartment and send their money back to their native countries that they so clearly show loyalty to by all their country flags plastered all over their big trucks. I hate to say/write it, but it is true... Don't get me wrong... If they made it easier for them to get work visa's and we just accept them as what they are and treat the issue like the EU (European Union) does, then they would pay the taxes and life would be better all around (well at least with the tax situation.) These people are not going anywhere. We need to accept that and make it easier for them to work legally and give financial incentives for employers to hire legal workers.
The IRS will NEVER be dissolved. I hate to break it to you...Obama promised that he would RAISE taxes. Let us not all forget we are getting bigger refunds this year because of Bush. Once again, don't get me wrong, Bush did plenty wrong too...

Brigette-boo said...

hmm, I don't even know what to think. I keep hearing reports that a lot of illegal immagrants are going home now though because our economy stinks...