Saturday, November 8, 2008

wonderful week of now

I spent most of this week in pain and puking in the toilet. It started on Monday as aches and pains. I took a warm bath and felt better. Tuesday it just got worse and having a five month old that was obviously not feeling well and a 18 month old that just likes getting into things made the day that much worse. Tuesday ended in me calling Jason freaking out and crying because he was 15 min later than usual. I did mention that Ammie had be screaming all day and I could barely move. Ammie was relentless finally on Wednesday morning (barely) about 1:00 in the morning Jason took her to the hospital. She had a 101 fever and we could not get her to calm down. she was fine and we were advised to keep giving her Tylenol to bring her fever down. Still, she was very miserable and would let us know.Which as any parent knows its frustrating when your babies cries nonstop and even more so when you know something is wrong but you can't do anything about it. Jason stayed home with me on Wednesday which was such a good thing because by then my head hurt so bad it hurt to move my eyes and my stomach was reminded me of why I hate being pregnant. Thursday comes and Jason stays home again and Ammie and I start getting red spots on our bellies. We both still feel like poo still . Friday my mother in law Carole came over to help me with the girls cause Jason's work needed him to come in that day. Friday ended with another emergency room visit though because once again Ammie was worrying us. She had the spots covering her body and we were worried about it being something serious for a five month old. Thank goodness the basic diagnosis was that it was viral reaction to the viral infection. In other words we are allergic the the virus. OK good to know. On our way home we stopped by Walmart got some allergy medicine and gave Ammie the dose the doctor recommended. During the night she woke up only twice to eat and went back to bed and only twice for the bink. Wow. What a difference. Thank you doctors. oh i also woke up on Saturday morning with everything feeling much better no aches and i felt like eating. yay i love food.

3 comments:

Carianne said...

wow yuck... sorry about the miserable week.. lucky enough for us we skipped back to CAli with no signs of sickness... **crosses fingers*** Get better.. and give ammie kisses for me!

Lisa said...

Ohh I am sorry that you had a horrible week! I am glad the week changed by the end... I love the blog!

Heather said...

yuck, no fun. glad you are both feeling better.