Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twilight is coming

Ok, so now the twilight hype has made me super curious about these books. The first I ever heard about the Twilight series was when I began work at Deseret Book last year. I was getting the overview of what goes where and where everything is from a coworker. She told me about how these books shouldn't be in the young adult section because it is to graphic about "how you feel when you are in love". Not really understanding what she ment because I define love and lust as two different things. They go together but different feelings. Kinda left me wondering wether Derert Book had a naughty romance novel in thier midst. I doubted it because one its a church books store and two this woman was very self righteous. She would take any chance she got mentions that she is on the Tabernacle Choir, or talk about how Micheal Buble shouldn't be in the store cause he swears at his concerts and things of that sort.Anyway I never really thought about them again till now almost a year later. All this hype and attention has made me curious. I don't trust the review I was previously given. My cousin( I love you cannie) says I would enjoy the books it but i'm not sure I have the time to devote to reading it and on that note i'm not sure I want to spend money on it considering i don't know if i will get around to reading it.My question to everyone out there is should I devote the time and money to read it? Is it worth it?

5 comments:

Heather said...

I wouldn't spend money on them, but if you can borrow them and spare some time they are a fun read. Not great literature, and a little overdramatic at times but an entertaining story.

Brigette-boo said...

I was not interested in reading them AT ALL, but I had a friend insist that I do, after keeping her book for a month and not touching it I thought I should give it a 20 page chance before giving back, I finished the series by that week end. I really enjoyed them...so who knows maybe you will and maybe you won't but you should give them a shot for sure! Happy thanksgiving!!

Carianne said...

It's okay.. no offense taken.. but I do think you would like... and at target the books are only $6.88 so not too spendy

Melissa said...

i was just giving you a shout out. sorry i didn't even mean for it to be snotty

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the books. They aren't the best books I have read but they are entertaining.